Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Moving

For the third time in five years (and ninth in ten), I'm moving. It seems to become a way of life. A local nomad of sorts, which is odd becuase of all places to be nomadic, MN is not one I would have expected. But here I am. And the good thing about moving so often is you really have no chance to acquire all the stuff you end up sorting through and throwing away every few years anyway...and those little IKEA bins really might be big enough to hold the stuff you do manage to collect. Minimalist by default, soon you just adapt and adopt. Not a bad side benefit, really.

My life seems to be paring itself down too, packing things into smaller and smaller boxes until nearly all of my life takes place in a mile or two square. That's an interesting development. For someone who's always been itching to push beyond any borders, to suddenly have life revolve around such a small point in space is really a new idea. Should be an interesting move.

No comments: