I've decided I like living across from a park. The view's great. Hearing the kids laugh is even better. And there's enough random activity in a park to keep you entertained for hours. For instance, in my current park, there's a personal trainer who's decided it's a great idea to drag her clients into the park for their sessions. There, they run sprints from tree to tree while she times. Or, they do lunges on the sidewalk while the kids stand and stare. The best was when she had this poor woman laying on the picnic table lifting weights. I just couldn't help but stand on my porch and laugh. Just for the record, I would never, ever, use a personal trainer who made me exercise like this in public. I would get more of a workout running away than they could ever make me do.
The park across the street from my new place has even more going on- basketball courts, tennis, even a little kiddie pool - which I know I'm going to be tempted to use next summer. Maybe I'll have to stop someday before I leave and let the personal trainer know about that park. She'd probably be pleased that she could parade her work in front of even more unsuspecting bystanders. And I could still sit on the porch and smile.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
karlsbad,
i love that you have a blog. it makes me happy to read your thoughts.
but you need to post a picture of yourself. so i can look at it often and feel pleased within my soul.
a reader's request.
-muddled in mozambique
i'll see what i can do.
Post a Comment